**THIS JUST IN! The Impact Awards submissions deadline has been extended due to popular demand!! Get those projects in by September 29th!**
ULI Dallas-Fort Worth Impact Awards project submissions are divided into five distinct categories: Influence, Innovation, Public Places, Social Impact, and Next Big Idea. Applications for our 7th Annual 2023 Impact Awards are currently OPEN and due September 29th, 2024.
If you have any questions regarding submissions, please reach out to [email protected].
Why Should You Apply?
The Urban Land Institute has a strong national reputation for its awards in support of transformative land use developments, best real estate practices, and creative visioning. On May 9th, 2024, ULI Dallas-Fort Worth will hold its seventh annual Impact Awards Event to spotlight visionary developers and outstanding developments in our region. The winners of the five competitive awards described below will be announced on the evening of the Award Event.
- Innovation: Recognizes originality and creativity in design, placemaking, support for transit use, green techniques, financing (including public/private partnerships), innovative land use or community planning, or other development features.
- Influence: Seeks a project, policy or program that creates a positive impact beyond its immediate borders or catalyzes the development of the surrounding community, resulting in a lasting positive effect on the built environment.
- Public Place: Highlights a public sector, non-profit, public/private partnership or privately funded project providing the public enhanced civic, open or public space access or experiences.
- Social Impact: Spotlighting real estate projects that focus on making positive social impact on communities and/or individuals, these developments are recognized for providing social services such as housing, health care, education and/or income growth opportunities that otherwise might not be available.
- Next Big Idea: Submissions do not have to be completed projects! We seek innovative ideas that can positively impact the region’s quality of life, such as improving the quality of the built environment, the way in which planning and development are conducted, construction affordability, financing or other aspects of development. What would make our region more resilient? More enjoyable?
A) Submissions may be made by the owner, developer, architect, engineer or other professionals, but (a) each project may only be submitted once and (b) any joint submissions must designate a single contact person. You do not need to be a ULI member in order to submit an application and compete.
B) Projects that have been submitted in the past, but did not receive the Impact Awards in their category, may be resubmitted for the current year. Application fees must be paid for any re-submissions.
For your convenience, PDF Examples of the applications are below. Once your organization is ready to submit please choose the appropriate online application from the links on the top left portion of this page.
All submissions for the 7th Annual Impact Awards must be received on or before September 29th, 2023 to be considered.